Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

13 April 2009

Crochet

I've been trying to attend classes to learn to crochet recently but so far have only been to about half because something always seems to clash with the timing! But, I've persevered, bought a couple of books and worked at home on bits and pieces - lots of test pieces to see how different yarns turn out etc... and I've made quite a few flowers... but finally, while have a VERY lazy few hours over this (seemingly-never-ending) bank holiday weekend, I've completed a project. Tada! Of which I'm quite proud! Its a small-ish pouch/bag (about 10x15cm). It's simple I know but I 'designed it' myself, got all my edges and rows nice n straight, added a scallop trim (particularly proud of that bit), crocheted all the flowers (had to use some of my trial flowers on something! lol), lined it and, most importantly FINISHED IT! Yeay for me! (helped along a little by Living TV repeating ALL of the current series of Gray Anatomy today so I had something to park myself infront of! lol)(and hindered slightly by Lola taking up residence on my lap and taking a bit of an interest in the wool!)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig