Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

2 August 2009

Sometimes its good to just 'create'...

... something. ...anything... a card, minibook, or even just play around with new equipment ... anything to get the inspirational juices flowing again.

I've been given a few things to work with that throw up a few challenges for me - and I like that - it pushes me creatively which is always a good thing. I'll make quite a few items with the given products to see what I can come up with.

Anyhoo, here's a card I created while playing around at incorporating hemp fabric (the dark blue top right of card). The main image is from PaperBag Studio. Now I need to create a v similar card replacing the two other fabrics and images with paper products. I really like the tassel on the card - created by using the threads torn off the hemp piece when fraying the edges.... I like to use everything! lol This card is quite unusual for me because of its size - A5. I rarely make cards this card and it was quite liberating to have all that space to play in. lol.

I've just bought the 'flourish' set of 4 cuttlebug embossing folders and I'm really please with them - lots of possibilities and its got me thinking - a lot - and I'm sure these will make their way into my next batch of Cuttlebug classes running at Card Inspirations. Dates to follow soon. Class sign up is 05 September.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig