Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

19 November 2009

Christmas is sneaking up....

I have a die cut machine and dies and I am not afraid to use them! Actually, I have 3 Cuttlebug machines at the moment! lol 2 that work and one that doesn't (I may have broken it.. no, let me rephrase that: it broke while I was using it! there is a slight but important difference in the emphasis of that sentence! lol)
The christmas cards I'm making (with a view to sell/send) at the moment are all different - normally I create one design I really like and make loads of them to send out - but I haven't got to that stage yet - still creating. So I thought I'd aim to post up a card a day until the last Royal Mail 2nd class posting day - which is the 18th December... which means 31 cards... better get busy - here's the first:

the cards are also going to be quite simple (to look at, but will involve a bit of die cutting etc which all takes time). The dots on the top of this card are created using the Cuttlebug 'Kars snow' embossing folder which I was a bit undecided about when I first saw it but now I like a lot.
I'm also loving acetate at the moment - so expect to see quite a lot of that!
there's a retro colour scheme running through a lot of the cards this year - the lovely 1950's candy-but-muted pinks, blues & greens - Love them! My Mind's Eye christmas collections this year were lovely - as is 'eskimo kisses' from Basic Grey (love the little reindeers!).

speaking of cute little reindeer:
This was for sale in the Selfridges christmas department... too cute!*
If this was on the christmas tree (along with the pink version) I would feel compelled to drink Babycham throughout the christmas festivities! lol
*and at £24 too expensive! lol

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig