Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

8 December 2011

Christmas... part 4...

The temperature is definitely dropping, and all the leaves are falling off the trees (which is keeping Mr JoFY and his newly acquired leaf blower busy)(can't get my head round that - he's basically hoovering the garden isn't he! lol) so Christmas is on its way - confirmed by hearing 'last christmas' by Wham! played in a shop - that's how I know its christmas!

Here are the last of my Christmas samples. First up is another Cabinet Card pennant:
 this time I embossed the pennant (made from mount board) with the Sizzix 'starry night' embossing folder (see this post for more details.. or just scroll down - its in 'christmas part 2'), coloured with distress inks, distressed with water, added a bit of bling with 'frosted lace' stickles - gotta love those for subtle accents of sparkliness!  'frantage' embossing powder around the edge and I covered the big iron work star (under the rosette) with the same - love that embossing powder! So much so that I applied it to the edge of the rosette too - blinging it up!  It is christmas!!

So the pennant is a bit distressed but the next sample I made is more shabby chic but without much shabby! lol 
This sample is just.. erm.. well.. hhmmm.. pretty, yep its pretty.  I wanted to do something with the rosettes other than sticking them onto something and so I made a hanging decoration:
The main rosette (slightly larger that the die made rosettes- this one's made using a Martha Stewart scoreboard) is made out of Tilda double sided paper - such a pretty spotted paper - lovely soft blue. Its topped with a book text rosette & another ironworks star/snowflake (I'm getting a lot of use out of these dies aren't I lol)
On the other side of the rosette is the pretty rose print, all the fixings of the rosettes are hidden by another rosette, and a Martha Stewart snowflake - bought last year & I still love it!
All blinged up with stickles and a self adhesive gem!
Pretty!

This is the decoartion from the side showing the layers of rosettes:

Once our tree is up - scheduled for the weekend - I'll take a picture of it on the tree....

I'm off to watch my youngest nephew in his Nursery's play - he's 3yrs old and very cute - I may require tissues....  Its all getting very christmassy!!

Wrap up warm and have a nice day..

PS before you go - maybe you could help me - I'm putting together a 'christmas alphabet' any suggestions for the letters v-z??  Please leave any suggestions in the comments! Ta muchly in advance  :o)

PPS - Just a reminder: 100 followers or over on this blog by 2012 and there will be a give-away!! 
I'm just going to mention this every so often, not every post, or it'll start to sound like nagging! lol
Share:

7 comments

  1. Anonymous1:57 pm

    Vixon
    Wassail
    Yule
    Zither? Zabaglione?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:57 pm

    Ooooh, look -- I'm comment no. 1! Just like those girlies in the US who battle to be the first to comment on TH's tags!!! I WON!!!
    The obvious "Y" is Yuletide!
    What about Winter Wonderland for "W"?
    Can't believe you haven't found Xmas for "X", or is that taboo?
    Brain not working (yet) for "V" and "Z". Will let you know if I think of something.

    Jo -- where are you getting those GORGEOUS snowflake dies???

    Bye for now -- Sally in France
    stampsally@yahoo.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. V- visitors, vixen( reindeer)virgin mary

    W- winter, wonderland, wenceslas, wine(mulled), walnuts, wellies, wrapping paper, Wreath,wassailing,White,wishes, wise men,

    X- xmas

    Y- yule log, Yuletide, year

    Z-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pennant! Hope the Nursery trip isn't too weepy! You old softy, you....

    There are some great W suggestions in the list - not sure I can come up with anything unique for W...
    will thing about the others. Z is going to be tricky...

    ReplyDelete
  5. zee holly and zee ivy.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous! Love the embossing! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the tag jo really pretty love jean

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig