Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

17 October 2012

Snow, snow, snow....

... snowflake rosettes!!!   I think I've mentioned on here before how much I love the paper rosettes that can be made from the Tim Holtz die - well look what those clever people from Sizzix have bought out... Lovely Snowflake rosettes!!!!!!!!! Ho ho ho!!  Very lovely! (these will probably find their way on to many projects this christmas!)
It looks so nice when only the edges are coloured - I'd quite happily add this to a project as a border instead of folding it into a rosette:
I used the same colour distress inks (evergreen boughs, tumbled glass) on this card. Stamped and embossed the main image from JOFY Plate6 in clear ink and added the colour over the top.  I bleached the big stars and when the bleach was dry I gently went over the stars with Tumbled Glass ink... Fine black lines were drawn to add detail to the design and ties it in with the base card colour and the black stamping of the top border and the sentiment.


PaperArtsy sells cute little papermache hearts (approx 5-7cm).. I painted this one with Fresco Finish paints: Mermaid, Crackle Glaze and a top coat of Nougat - the gorgeous turquoise/gold wax (aquamarine, Treasure Gold.. also from PaperArtsy) was wiped randomly over the surface - lovely festive shimmer.. I tied on a tag stamped with 'noel' from Plate3, and a couple of wooden snowflakes that have coloured with the same wax.  The wood absorbs some of the wax so that it leaves the 'dye' colour and then a lovely surface of gold: gorgeous.

**  On 4th November I'll be demonstrating my stamps at Birds in the Barn nr Colchester in Essex.. Please come along - I'll be there from 10am-3.30pm - I look forward to see you.  **
Share:

6 comments

  1. yes, I love the snowflake rosette too. Gorgeous projects - love that heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects. I really like the stars stamp. I am so miffed I can't make your demo on the 4th Nov, do you have any other demos in the pipeline ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:37 pm

    oooh Jo more temptation, adore snowflakes, love what you've done and love your stamps that I won (poet . hehe), ok off to shop now and its your fault x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh such problems commenting

    love what you have done, and love the stamps I won (poet) LOL, now off to shop and its your fault

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Snowflake rosette die too. Your creations are beautiful and I really must get mine out to use! I hope to visit Birds in the Barn Sunday so will say Hello.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig