Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

7 November 2012

Tree full of Tweets

Quick catch up:
On Saturday I had a really fun day at the Craft Barn's christmas inspiration demo day... lovely customers came and sat, chatted, and watched all the demos - a really nice day... I was creating tree decorations using Sizzix & Spellbinder dies - so.much.fun.  I displayed all my birds on a black tree so that they popped - a black tree is a bit unusual but its great for this sort of thing... and lets face it - its not the most unusual tree I have! (I think the upside down tree wins prize for most 'unusual' lol)

aaaaanyhoo... to the tune of '12 days of christmas':
Four floral birds:
Three fancy hens:
 Two steam punk doves (slightly sooty doves!  lol)
 And a county hen in a christmas treeeeeeeeeee

OK, that's quite enough singing.... on the tree there's also a robin:

Most of the birds I made with the dies were flat but a couple are lovely and dimensional:
I love these little guys! I enjoyed making the flat die cut shapes into something more dimensional. (to the shock horror of the people watching the demo I had die cut an Enid Blyton book to create them! how could I - not only had I cut up a book but it was an Enid Blyton book!?! But I'd like to think that Ms Blyton would be pleased that her book had been given a new lease of life and not ended up on a bonfire or in landfill.)

The paper I used to decorate them (apart from the steampunk & textbirds) is Festive Collection by Authentique. Die is Birds 3 from Sizzix, and Floral Flourishes from Spellbinder.

They are now going to fly away and live on the Craft Barn's christmas tree...  Fly my pretties.. Fly!  :o)
Share:

3 comments

  1. The black tree looks really good... as do your birds. Wish I could have popped along to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh JO, just wanted to tell you how much I love love love your stamps! They really are a style I have been waiting for all the time I have been crafting!! I love trying different things with them and they blend really well with paperartsy stamps and Dylusions! Great results everytime!Keep creating!Can't wait to see what you come up with next time! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birdie Christmas tree, I'm thinking about doing a TH snowflake one now. Ooow one in each colour of distress ink, that would be a colourful tree lol. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig