Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

13 June 2013

Loves me... loves me not...

... loves me!!
(also - do not adjust your sets - this is a minimal colour sepia toned sort of blog post!)

I made these three flowers while experimenting with the stamp (flower from JOFY13) - stamping and layering up the images to see how they looked... and then they needed to be put somewhere so that I didn't lose them or to save them from being squashed etc etc etc.... and what better place than a tag!
They look so different when stamped onto vintage letter paper....a little bit shabby and distressed.

Another 'what-happens-if...' sort of tag:
I love it!  But its not quite as I'd intended - the flower heads (JOFY14) were coloured with Walnut Stain Distress Ink - which as most of you know is quite dark and quite brown...... but the ink wasn't strong enough to stay on the surface that had been painted with Fresco Finish paint and so it got sort of sucked into the paint leaving the stain that you can see - the leaves were coloured with a Distress Ink too (but sorry, I can't remember which) - so not quite as dark & sepia as I intended but I still like it a lot. :o)

I'll be back with more colourful posts later in the week.... 
Share:

8 comments

  1. Gorgeous tags, loving the pale and interesting colour look here, Jo!! The dimensional flowers especially, on the top tag are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are gorgeous, specially those flowers and love the sepia look too...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS creations, love the monochrome theme

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:45 am

    I like them a lot, the dimensional flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the minimal colour palette you have used. Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely it's nice to use different tones once in a while, I like them :)
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo loving these - a lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the delicate neutral pastel look - really beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig