Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

29 April 2014

That was then.. this is now.....

I started this piece with no idea where it was going... but that is the fun in creating isn't it

I first read (and still read) Kelly Rae Roberts' book Taking Flight back in 2011 & was inspired by the book to create a panel- with a view that it would turn into something else... you can read the blog post here

 ... & 2ish years on  the panels are still in the studio, and as much as I love how they turned out I need to do something with them/to them ....

Above are all 4 together, I wanted to alter just one and this was the chosen panel (it measures approx 6x4in, 14.5x10.5xm):

Now it looks like this after attaching JOFY flowers (JM34 & JOFY14, 23, 24) cut from booktext, scrapbook papers and painted with Fresco Finish paints (of course!):


'Busier' than I would normally create... and I like it.

1 down 3 to go... maybe book covers for the darker 2....

I hope this 'inspires' you to alter a 'forgotten' project that is lurking somewhere waiting to be altered, repurposed and given a new lease of life.

xx
Share:

9 comments

  1. I can see why you like the original panels so much and this one has 'altered' beautifully!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty Jo - love the mix of papers and paint xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colours haven't changed still so pretty. Glad you waited to complete, this is beautiful! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great re-purposing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:02 pm

    That is so lovely Jo. I hope your recovery is going very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous inspiration. I have a few JOFY stamps and love them. Will become a follower of your blog so I can be inspired.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously fabulous, I love all these perky modern flowers and your original background is great too..

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig