Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

19 April 2014

When paving becomes pretty...

... our garden patio has paving slabs - they came with the house & I quite like them - its like ordered crazy paving... I like the straight lines and the simple design - & I often look at them, see patterns and how it could be translated into a art/craft idea...

(that's Bertie by the way, doing that 'pay me attention' thing that cats do!)

... inspiration from the paving slabs gave me the idea for this:

.. another project created using the masterboard I created for this and this post over on the PaperArtsy blog.   It is a canvas panel (PaperArtsy has a nice range of these that can be found here) which I rough painted with Chalk, Snowflake & French Roast Fresco Finish paints (go here to see the range).
I wanted this project to be less 'pristine' and so I coloured the edges of the board (with Frescos) and all the edges of the cut out patterned paper/card squares/rectangles (with Distress Inks).
I played around with the layout and combination of papers, flowers and shapes.... I moved them about A LOT!! but there comes a time when you have to walk away, have a cuppa, come back, STOP FAFFING with the project and stick the pieces in place!! lol

Tomorrow I'll have another project for you using the masterboard - oh yes I still have some pieces left to play with!

I hope you're having fun with the masterboards you've created.

x
Share:

10 comments

  1. Beautiful canvas and love the cat on the patio :)
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea Jo and the result is beautiful! That masterboard is going a long way, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see that you also get inspired by such common things... Beautiful card! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. love where you find your inspiration, when I look at my patio I cant see the stones just the tons of weeds growing through the cracks, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha don't think I didn't crop the photo to avoid weeds! lol

      Delete
  5. I really like this. Crazy patchwork...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Jo, love your 'Crazy project!
    Hugs Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on Pinterest and love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig