Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

1 April 2015

ALBOTAT: Brayered background card...

... that I made for my Mum-in-Law for Mother's Day...

The long white flower/seed stems are a Clarity Stamp stencil - I thought it worked really nicely with my bull rush stamp.

Here are the colours I used to created the brayered background - unusually they are all opaque which built the background up to be quite textural and similar to a matte pottery glaze.


 I cut it in half and edges the panels in different colours to see how it changed the look...

Fun card to make, and interesting to see how you can change the look of the pieces at the last moment by colouring the edges.

x


(PS - the colour change in the brayered backround between the first and last photos is caused by change in lighting - I either turned the lights on or off ... not sure which, sorry!)
Share:

4 comments

  1. Love the white against this beautiful blue background. The stamps do go really well together too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jo, great colour palette and great stamps. The Clarity stamp works well with your bullrush stamp, they look so 3D:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that brayered background; it is absolutely beautiful, Jo,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super nice!

    I am going to receive your new stamps at the end of the month!!!

    So happy!!!

    Chiara Robin

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig