Mixed-media paper crafter; stamper, freelance craft tutor, designer of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps

22 September 2017

ALBOTAT: Sometimes you just 'need' to make something...

.... and today was one of those days... the lovely postman delivered my Eileen Hull Sizzix Travel Journal die and my (small) to-do list was sidelined for a while as I set about making a 'simple' version of the journal - I call it simple because I made it out of basics to create a 'working' version - something that I could refer to when I make more later on.. and I will be making more later... I can feel a version with corrugated cardboard covers coming on... lol


I made this journal out of kraft card and I cut and glued & sewed two layers together to give the covers more strength (and sewed the centre join).  I painted it black (to keep it clean - its a travel journal, & will be in my handbag so may get grubby), stenciled on the letters (a That's Crafty stencil) and sewed on ties - I really like using ribbons to wrap around and keep the journal closed.
There weren't any directions about how big/thick the books should be that fit inside so I made mine 10x21cm (20x21cm folding at 10cm) which made them nice and easy to cut out.  I cut 3 books of 6 pages each - different types of paper giving it a junk journal feel.



Because I cut the pages from larger sheets of paper I ended up with lots of smaller pieces which I used to make little journals...

Can't have too many books ready to be painted & doodled into, can you?

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is creating with their dies.

x
Share:

5 comments

  1. No, indeed you can't! Love your main bigger one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, you'll have great fun filling them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you make next with this die. Can I ask what machine you cut it on? I have a Gemini and I'm not sure it can use this type of die. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim. I used a BigShot to cut mine.. its a thick (extra long Bigz) style die so I'm not sure it will go through a Gemini - but I don't have one so I can't say for sure. x

      Delete
  4. It's fantastic- have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig